Infographic: Brand Engagement on Social Skyrockets
We all know that more and more people are using social media, but a key question is how well are brands able to capture their attention on these socially oriented platforms? GlobalWebIndex’s Stream Social Global Report: Q1 2013 offers insight into the activities of social media users aged 16-64 across 31 different countries around the world.
Some key revelations:
- Facebook saw a 27.5% increase in active users between Q2 2012 and Q1 2013 across PCs, smartphones and tablets.
- Brand interactions on Facebook increased by 13% on mobile and 2% on PCs.
- Twitter grew its active user base by 37%, and brand engagement on the micro-blogging platform increased 16.5% on mobile.
- Brand interaction on Google+ increased 45.5% on PCs, and activity posts on PCs increased by 83%.
- Twitter and Google+ both possessed Q1 active engagement rates around 60%.
Facebook is now a primary platform for marketers, and Twitter has long used micro-blogging to connect with followers. With Google+ now gaining kudos for its “hangouts,” the platform is quickly building a user base and has opened unique opportunities for brand engagement thanks to its integration with other Google services, especially search.