As we near the launch we are releasing more preliminary data from the Global Web Index.
The following deck was presented to IAB Interact on June 12th. It ran through some US and UK data that covered the following topics:
- Motivations for going online: the number 1 reason is to research purchases, a demonstration that the web is an inherently commercial place. Motivations around connecting with people and creating and sharing content are driving social media usage.
- Social Media access points in the UK: Video leads passive consumption and Forums, while not trendy are the mass market home of community. It also shows that the leading way to share content is photos and hi-lights that regardless of the hype Twitter is still very niche.
- In-depth look at the video sharing market in the US: Consumers are transforming content and creating a rival to the traditional TV infrastructure.
- The impacts of Social Media: Network sizes are exploding and we trust opinions from total strangers above any kind of professional source of information (a quite staggering piece of information).
- The role for brands: Consumers value feedback and listening.
We hope this data demonstrates how interesting and useful the data from the Global Web Index will be.
To find out more or if you have any questions, please email me email@example.com.